|Posted by Bill Grier on January 26, 2018 at 12:10 AM||comments (0)|
The Salvation Army of Pulaski County had its annual fund-raising wrap-up luncheon on Monday January 22d at the Hampton Inn.
At this luncheon Mike Freeman and Gary Porter announced that for the 2017 Tree of Lights Campaign we raised an amazing $97,196!! (Our goal was $80,000)
Top individual bell-ringers for this year were:
#1 Frank Baza 49 hours
#2 Dwight Nutting 22 hours
#3 Ralph Meyer 20 hours
The top group was the Waynesville High School National Honor Society with 60 hours.
The Salvation Army wishes to thank everyone in Pulaski County who played a role in this county-wide community effort, especially those who donated and those who rang the bells.
|Posted by Bill Grier on November 29, 2017 at 10:15 PM||comments (0)|
1. Bell-Ringing began on Black Friday, 24 November. The weather was unseasonably warm and there were large crowds at the Walmart and our bell-ringers filled all 20 slots on the first day of our bell-ringing effort!
2. The Thanksgiving weekend effort was also a tremendous success. For Friday and Saturday at Walmart and Price Cutter we filled 56 of 60 slots. Those are amazing numbers and they should translate into lots of money to help the less fortunate.
3. Individuals and groups are continuing to sign up; thanks to all who have already rung and also those who are signed up to ring.
4. There are still lots of slots available; just click on Bell-Ringing from the website menu and you can sign up online. Or call Bill/Kathy Grier at 573-337-1089. We need your help!
5. And please check out our pictures of our great bell-ringers. Just click on "Photo Gallery" from the website menu.
|Posted by Bill Grier on November 14, 2017 at 12:05 AM||comments (0)|
The Pulaski County Salvation Army participated again in the Veteran's Day Parade. We drove a Salvation Army van and "Giant Kettle" in the parade which was attended by thousands. The SA Parade Crew included Grace Murray, Jeanie Porter, and Bill & Kathy Grier. Many parade onlookers commented on the great work the SA does in Pulaski County and also verbally committed to ring the bells. The honors paid to our veterans were inspiring. (Also see the "Photo Gallery" section for pictures of the parade)
|Posted by Bill Grier on November 11, 2017 at 9:10 AM||comments (0)|
The Pulaski County Salvation Army had its 2017 "Kickoff" on Thursday 9 November. The event began at Paul's furniture where everyone gathered to start the event. Mike Freeman, the 2017 Honorary Chair kicked the football to start the fund-raising drive. A luncheon was then held at Sellers-Sexton Ford where grants and gifts where presented to the Salvation Army. (Also see the "Photo Gallery" section)
|Posted by Bill Grier on October 23, 2017 at 7:30 PM||comments (0)|
Please remember: the funds raised from the bell ringing go to help those in need in Pulaski County. All bell ringers are volunteers.
Groups can sign up starting 10/15/17
Individuals can sign up starting 11/1/17
Please click on "Bell Ringing" from the tabs avove to schedule your bell-ringing. And thank you!